10 May 2010

TOP 10: lessons from melanee

# 9 -- an eclectic collection of music is the spice of life



One of my earliest memories (which I’m certain has nothing to do with the fact that it was captured on film) is of singing Wynona Judd into a remote/ “microphone” with my mom. I was probably 2 or 3 years old. 90s country was so awesome. But I shudder to think of the person I would be if all I ever listened to was country music.
Thank you, Mom, for taking us to the opera and the symphony and the N’Sync concert. Thank you for putting on James Taylor and the BeeGees. Thank you for letting me sing, “Bring me two piña coladas…” when I was a wee babe. Thank you for tolerating me when I come home and put on Lightning 100 in your car… even when Bob Dylan is wailing and you kind of want to shoot me. You’ve only got yourself to blame.

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget that sweet little thing in red boots on a "stage" in the back yard singing Clay Walker's "I know what love is, what's it to you?".
    And there has always been a great sense of joy and pride that you were able to enjoy so many types of music!
    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see yet another failure. Did I not teach you an appreciation of Def Leppard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momee said...

    I'm glad you like a lot of different types of music. I do think you need some "50's" music in your list...just to broaden your horizon. Love you.

    ReplyDelete